Flora of Solukhumbu


Every place has its own ecology and ecosystem before it becomes part of global ecosystem. Hence, whenever I am on a Trek, whether personally or while leading for Zenith Travel Solutions or Magna Sahyadri, I prefer to observe everything around me. 

This time when we were hiking towards and back from EBC, I took my time to click every possible Flower. When I compiled all the data, I had documented about 32 different varieties of some 25 different species of flora. Loads of Daisies and Pansies are used for decorating houses and the biodiversity is immense in the Solukhumbu valley. 

These photos were clicked between 15 May 2024 to 26 May 2024 while hiking on Everest Base Camp Trail. Most of the pictures were geotagged, however due to technical glitch some of them were not. For such clicks, I used other available meta data to determine location and altitude.  

The clicks are mostly by Samsung M31S mobile and have been processed on the same phone using Snapseed. Only those which were good clicks have been updated here. 

I am not a qualified botanist and I have done my best to identify the flowers. There could be issues with identification, kindly write to hello@thegypsyprincess.com in case you would like me to correct my mistakes. 


Nepal Chickweed

Date: 26 May 2024

Location: Near Lukla

Viola Pilosa

Date: 26 May 2024

Location: Near Lukla

Whipcord Cobra Lily

Date:26 May 2024

Location: Near Lukla

Black Pea

Date:16 May 2024

Location: Namche Bazar

Himalayan Spurge

Date: 17 May 2024

Location: Near Phungi Thenga

Clematis Montana

Date:24 May 2024

Location: Kyangjungma

Berberries

Date: 20 May 2024

Location: Dingboche

Primroses

Date: 15 May 2024

Location: Near Lukla

Daisies

Date: 16 May 2024

Location: Monjo

Large Flowered Magnolia Vine

Date: 16 May 2024

Location: Near Phakding

Shining Coelogyne

Date: 15 May 2024

Location: Near Lukla

Dwarf Rhododendron

AKA Juniper
Date: 23 May 2024

Location: Pheriche